When you consult Régicamp sites and applications, data may be saved in Cookies files installed on your computer, tablet or mobile phone. This page explains what a Cookie is, what it is used for and how it can be configured.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a text file that is stored in a dedicated space on the hard disk of your terminal (computer, tablet, mobile phone or any other Internet-optimized device), when you consult online content or advertising. This Cookie file can only be read by its issuer. For the time it is valid, it allows the issuer to recognize the terminal concerned each time this terminal accesses digital content comprising Cookies from the same issuer. The Cookie does not identify you personally; it just identifies the browser that your terminal uses.
WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR?
Four types of Cookies, corresponding to the purposes described here below, may be saved on your terminal when you visit our site:
1. Technical Cookies are required for browsing our site and for accessing the various products and services. Techncial Cookies are used in particular for recognizing you, informing us that you have visited a specific page and help us improve your browsing comfort: by tailoring site presentation to your terminal display preferences (language used, display resolution), memorizing passwords and other data related to a form that you have filled in on the site (registration or access to the members-only area). Technical Cookies are also used to implement security actions (for example, when you are asked to log on again to the members-only area after a given time lapse). These Cookies cannot be deactivated or configured as they are mandatory for accessing the site and/or site services.
2. Site traffic Cookies are issued by us or by our technical service providers and used for measuring traffic on the different content and sections of our site so that we can assess them and organize them optimally. When necessary, these Cookies can also be used to detect any browsing issues that may occur and, consequently, to enhance our service user-friendliness. These Cookies only produce anonymous statistics and traffic volumes; they do not record any personal data. The lifetime of these site traffic Cookies is never more than 13 months.
3. Advertising Cookies are issued by our advertising agency partners, in the advertising areas of our site; the use of these areas helps finance the content and services which we provide you with freely. These Cookies are placed by our partners within the framework of advertising partnerships which, according to specific conditions, allows the advertising agencies to collect data concerning the content consulted on our site, pursuant to the provisions of the French Data Protection Act of 1978 (Loi Informatique et Libertés). These Cookies are used, first of all, to count the total number of ads displayed in our advertising areas, to identify the ads, their total number of respective displays, the number of users clicking on each ad and, if required, the subsequent actions undertaken by these users on pages that these ads redirect to, so that the amounts due to the ad delivery stakeholders (communication agency, advertising agency, delivery site/media) may be calculated and statistics produced. These advertising Cookies are also used to tailor the advertising content displayed on your terminal in our advertising areas, based on your browsing habits on our site and, even, where applicable, based on location data (longitude and latitude) transmitted by your terminal with your prior agreement (behavioural ad). As such, you will see ads which we esteem to be most tailored to your anonymous user profile on your terminal. These Cookies can also be used to limit the number of times you see the same ad on the same media and to tailor the advertising content displayed on your terminal in our advertising areas based on personal data that you may have freely supplied us with (ad targeting). The lifetime of these ad Cookies is never more than 13 months.
4. “Social media” Cookies are used for sharing content from our site with other people or for notifying these other people that you have consulted or given an opinion on content of our site. These Cookies concern, in particular, “Share” and “Like” buttons from Facebook and/or Twitter social media. The social media that provides this type of app button may identify you through this button, even if you have not used it when consulting our site. We invite you to read the privacy policies of these social media to become familiar with the purpose of use, in particular advertising use, of browsing data that may be collected through these app buttons. The lifetime of these Cookies is never more than 13 months.
YOUR CHOICES AS REGARDS COOKIES
By using our site, you accept the use of the aforementioned Cookies. You may, at any time however, choose to deactivate all or some of these Cookies, apart from the technical Cookies required for the site to work as mentioned above. Your browser may also be configured to notify you when Cookies are to be placed on your terminal and to ask you if you agree or not.
1. Refusing Cookies via your browser software
The storage of Cookies on a terminal is primarily dependent on the terminal user’s willingness. The user may agree to storage, modify it or refuse it freely and at any time through the settings provided by their browser software. If you have agreed, via your browser software, that Cookies can be stored on your terminal, then the Cookies embedded in pages and content that you have consulted will be stored temporarily in a dedicated area of your terminal. They can only be read by their issuer.
If you refuse Cookie storage on your terminal then you can no longer benefit from certain features that are, however, necessary for browsing through specific areas of Régicamp sites and apps. This would be the case, for example, if you tried to access our content or services that need to identify you. This would also be the case if we – or our service providers – were unable to recognize, for technical count purposes, the type of browser used on your terminal, its language and display settings or the country from which your terminal seems to be connected to Internet.
When and where applicable, Régicamp cannot be held liable for any consequences related to incorrect functioning of our services resulting from Régicamp’s impossibility to store or to consult the Cookies required for the site to work, which you have refused or deleted.
Each browser has its own specific settings for managing Cookies and your personal choices. These are explained in your browser Help menu where you can learn how to modify your Cookie settings. For:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer™: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Google Chrome™: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647
- Safari™: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/fr/9277.html
- Firefox™: http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies
- Opera™: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
- Adobe Flash Player™ Flash© Cookies
Adobe Flash Player™ is a computer app used for quickly developing dynamic content using the Flash computing language. Flash (and similar apps) memorizes settings, preference and use of this content using technology similar to Cookies. However, Adobe Flash Player™ manages this information and your choices via an interface that is different to the one provided by your browser software.
If your terminal can display Flash-developed content, then we invite you to access your Flash Cookie management tools directly on: http://www.adobe.com/.
- Do not track
You can also set your browser so that it sends a code informing websites that you do not wish to be tracked. (option “Do No Track”). For:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer™: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-fr/internet-explorer/use-tracking-protection#ie=ie-11
- Safari™: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH11952
- Chrome™: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/114836?
- Firefox™: https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/comment-activer-option-ne-pas-pister
- Opera™: http://help.opera.com/Windows/12.10/fr/notrack.html
2. Refusing site traffic Cookies:
On our sites, site traffic Cookies are placed by AT Internet and Google. If you do not want our sites to store Cookies in your browser for traffic measuring purposes, then you may click the following deactivation links which will save a Cookie in your browser specifically for deactivating all Cookies:
Important: these Cookies are used for measuring traffic related to our websites, to pages visited and to interactions made on the sites during your visit. By deactivating them, you prevent us from collecting data related to your browsing on our sites and, as such, from proposing editorial content tailored to your browsing.
3. Refusing ad Cookies
Some behavioural ad Cookies are placed by third-party service providers. You may click the following links to find out more about how they work and to set your preferences:
- Rubicon Cookies: http://www.rubiconproject.com/privacy/consumer-online-profile-and-opt-out/
- Smart AdServer Cookies: http://smartadserver.fr/privacy-policy
- Turn Cookies: https://www.turn.com/privacy/customer-opt-out
- DoubleClick for Publishers Cookies: https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/authenticated
- Ad Decisive Cookies: http://www.addecisive.com/privacy/
- Open AdStream Cookies: http://www.xaxis.com/static/view/privacy-policy
- Appnexus Cookies: http://www.appnexus.com/en/company/platform-privacy-policy-fr
- Outbrain Cookies: http://www.outbrain.com/fr/legal/privacy
The youronlinechoices service is also available should you wish to manage this type of behavioural or targeted advertising: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/fr/controler-ses-cookies/
Important: by deactivating this, you prevent the display of targeted interest-based ads but you will continue to receive all other ads. By deactivating these Cookies you prevent the collection of data used for optimal ad targeting during your visits: empty inserts will be displayed instead of targeted ads.
4. Refusing social media-issued Cookies
If you do not want our sites to store Cookies in your browser for this purpose, then you may click the following deactivation links which will save a Cookie in your browser specifically for neutralizing all other Cookies from the same issuer: By deactivating these Cookies you will prevent interaction with the social media concerned:
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/help/360595310676682/
- TWITTER: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20171379-twitter-prend-en-charge-la-desactivation-du-suivi-dnt#
- GOOGLE +: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=fr
Important: your different preferences are only taken into account via a specific Cookie or several specific Cookies. If you delete all the Cookies stored on your terminal related to our sites, then we will not be informed of the agreement or refusal you have given. You will be obliged to reset your agreement and to refuse once again the Cookie(s) that you do not wish to keep. Likewise, if you use another Internet browser, you will be obliged to refuse these Cookies as your preferences, and Cookies related to them, are based on the browser and the terminal (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) that you use for consulting our site.